- Gonzalo joined Akya as partner in 2017.
- Previously, he worked for over 15 years in the Economic
Consulting practice of SAI Consultores, 11 of them as partner, where he
concentrated in economic competition (antitrust), foreign trade and value
chains, regulatory analysis, cost appraisal, and pricing policy design. He led
a great number of projects in telecommunications, energy (hydrocarbons and
electricity), the financial sector, railroads, consumer goods, retail, the steel
industry, food and entertainment services, as well as for regulatory agencies
of the financial sector in Mexico.
- His consulting career started with two years as an
Associate at McKinsey & Company in Mexico, where he performed the financial
valuation of commercial banks for privatization, and designed and implemented
new organizational processes.
- As part of his public sector career, he spent six years in today´s Secretariat of the Economy of Mexico, where he prepared the Federal Industrial Policy and Foreign Trade Program (1996), served as board member of PEMEX’s subsidiaries and petrochemical companies, was an active member of PEMEX’s pricing committees, and participated in the design and implementation of policies directed to expand the energy sector and to increase the national R&D spending.
- He is currently an appointed Member of the Advisory Board (Hydrocarbons) of the Mexican Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Gonzalo earned a B.A. (Licenciatura) in Economics at the Autonomus Institute of Technology of Mexico (ITAM) and a Master in Public Policy degree from Harvard University’s J. F. Kennedy School of Government. At ITAM he was later a full-time professor, a researcher, and the Director of the Master in Public Policy Program.