- Roman joined Akya in 2004.
- Since joining Akya, Roman has led various strategy and corporate finance projects in various industries, including: financial services (banks, non-bank banks, leasing companies, pension funds, broker-dealers, insurance companies, pawn shops, among others), retail, education, healthcare, transportation and real estate.
- Roman has headed diverse projects for private equity funds both in the pre-investment phase by conducting commercial/strategic due diligence for specific industries and targets as well as in the post investment phase devising and implementing value enhancing initiatives for portfolio companies.
- Other projects led by Roman include topics such as business plan development, reorganization, financial analysis and valuation, equity and debt financing, cost reduction, and market research.
- Before joining Akya, Roman worked as an Associate in the Treasury Department at Banamex-Citigroup, and as a Deputy General Manager at his family´s business, a leading manufacturer of drapery and window coverings in Mexico
- Roman received his BA in Business from ITAM and his MBA from the Kellogg School of Management; he is also a CFA Charterholder.