- Max joined Akya as a partner in 2003.
- He is a specialist in strategy, financial planning and organization for companies in Mexico’s financial sector. In addition, he has extensive knowledge of the healthcare sector.
- He has led the authorization process of several new banks, such as ICBC, Bank of China, Banco Agrofinanzas (now Bankaool), Banco Forjadores de Negocios, Banco Bancrea, Banco Wal*Mart, BanCoppel, Banco Autofin and Banco Compartamos. He also led various authorization processes for new sofoles (single purpose financial entities), savings and loans financial institutions, sofomes (multiple purpose financial entities) and broker-dealers.
- He has done multiple strategy consulting projects for numerous companies in the Mexican financial sector, including some of the largest commercial banks as well as large insurance companies belonging to international financial groups. In addition, he has participated in various projects related to the healthcare sector.
- Before joining Akya, Max worked as Director of Strategic Planning for Grupo Inovamed, a holding of 5 healthcare services companies. Before that, Max worked for 7 years as a consultant for McKinsey & Company, in projects in the financial and telecommunications sectors, both in Mexico and Spain.
- Max holds a BS in Actuarial Science from ITAM, and a MBA, a Master of Engineering (Operations Research) and a Certificate in Financial Engineering from Cornell University in Ithaca, New York.