- Abel joined Akya in 2002 and became a partner in 2005.
- He has directed multiple consulting projects with clients of diverse profiles and stages of development, including several leading companies in the financial, food/beverage, retail and real estate sectors.
- Abel has particular functional expertise in planning, strategy and business development, organizational redesign including streamlining of organizational structures and personnel, as well as evaluation and redesign of key business processes to improve performance, align to strategic priorities or solve specific issues.
- Before joining Akya, he worked nearly four years with McKinsey & Company in Mexico and Spain, where he developed projects aimed to strengthen the operation of public and private entities in the energy, banking and telecommunications sectors.
- Abel holds a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from Universidad La Salle and a Master's of Science in Transportation from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he specialized in regional transportation systems.