Type of work
Help the investment team:
- Assess critical issues to validate the investment thesis (i.e., market, competition, regulation, operations).
- Identify value creation opportunities.
- Set initial strategic plans and goals with the target company (“100 days”).
- Detect potential organizational adjustments to achieve such goals.
- Discuss and establish key financial projection / valuation assumptions.
Design and implement value enhancing initiatives at different stages of the investment period, such as:
- Top line growth (new markets, products or channels, commercial alliances, pricing strategies).
- Sales force effectiveness.
- Processes redefinition.
- Cost reduction.
Key elements of
- Vastly resourceful to rapidly gather and analyze data and provide insight in generally ambiguous settings .
- Sensible working alongside the target's management team in a usually intricate pre-acquisition context.
- Highly flexible to adjust scope, times, team size and seniority to each client's / transaction's particular needs both before starting work and as specific findings become evident in the overall due diligence process.
- Practical and hands-on approach vs high level theoretical frameworks to tackle the specific challenges.
- Provide high analytical rigor, method and outside experience to identify key issues and maximize success chances.
- Work closely with the company‘s management team at different levels in the organization to make sure there is the proper input, understanding and ownership of the initiatives to assure continuity and results.